To remain competitive in today's rental market, mature properties need to continually look to improve the product they provide their residents. The BentallGreenOak Residential team continuously strives to enhance our buildings to attract and retain tenants, and their efforts are not going unnoticed.
Last week, the Calgary Residential Rental Association held its 15th Annual Awards Gala Celebrating Industry Excellence where Hull Estates was presented with the Building of the Year Award over 100 unit building Award! This award recognizes outstanding achievements of owners/managers and exceptional performance in the management and maintenance of their buildings. Among the entrants, Hull Estates lead the pack with their successful completion of a 2 year renovation project that gave a new look, feel, and atmosphere to the property.
The Hull Estates renovation project was approved by Sun Life Financial ownership in 2015. In December 2017 the project was substantially completed and since, the property has realized a dramatic decrease in vacancy, and a substantial
increase in resident satisfaction. In addition, since the renovation the Hull Estates team have been able to attract better residents and they have been able to achieve higher rental rates.
Some of the highlights of the renovation include:
- Improvement of the curb appeal and functionality of the exterior of the property
- Introduction of a community garden
- New parcel pick-up room with refrigerated lockers
- Refurbishment of the tennis courts, putting green, pool, squash court, deck area, and fitness facilities
- The creation two additional suites through a redesign of the space on the main floor